19.10.10 – I don’t have as much time for the blog because I have to study for my Finnish class. One of the pictures above was from an interesting article in Wired Magazine (“Cheat with Science! Learn a New Language Fast.” Wired August 2010) about some recent studies on language learning. The articles top three points:
- Don’t Go Native – Start by listening to speakers who have your own linguistic background.
- Don’t Stress Out – When you start working on the accent don’t worry too much about getting it perfect.
- Take it Slow – Get comfortable first then incorporate the new sounds.
- Learn a New Language Fast (howto.wired.com)
- On Language: Chunking (nytimes.com)
- 80 Apps to Learn a New Language (iphone.appstorm.net)