20.10.10 – I made one of the first “real meals” in my place last night. Mashed potatoes and chicken with zucchini and mushrooms. Luckily I’m already pretty familiar with shopping for food in the local kauppa (grocery). I still need to take my phone with me so I can translate the names of the produce not because I don’t know what a zucchini looks like but because you have to weigh each item and get the price before you head to the cashier and some times it’s hard to tell which tag and item number goes with the item you’re buying. Well, it wasn’t too difficult and the kids agreed the dinner was delicious.
- Sweet Potato Mash (notecook.com)
- Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips With Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese (self.com)
- Healthy Zucchini : How to Prepare the Summer’s Harvest (brighthub.com)
- Esquire: My Mom Couldn’t Cook (esquire.com)
- Why Britain should dig the potato (independent.co.uk)